SEASON 3 ARCHIVES
Episode 5: Julie Skolnick
Aired November 17th, 2021
The fifth episode of Season 3 featured Julie Skolnick, M.A., J.D., who is the Founder of With Understanding Comes Calm, LLC. Julie passionately guides parents of gifted and distractible children, mentors 2e adults, trains educators and advises professionals on how to bring out the best and raise self-confidence in their 2e students and clients. She serves as Secretary to the Maryland Superintendent’s Gifted and Talented Advisory Council and is an advisor for the Masters of Education Program for the Bridges Graduate School of Cognitive Diversity. She is also the Maryland liaison for Supporting the Emotional Needs of the Gifted (SENG), a Committee member for the National Association for Gifted Children (NAGC), and serves as an advisor to “The G Word” feature documentary currently in production. Julie produces Let’s Talk 2e! virtual conferences, hosts the Let’s Talk 2e! Parent Empowerment Series, maintains the free listing service, 2eResources.com, and publishes “Gifted & Distractible,” a free monthly newsletter.
A frequent speaker and prolific writer, Julie is also the mother of three twice exceptional children who keep her on her toes and uproariously laughing.
- Parent Consulting: https://www.withunderstandingcomescalm.com/services-for-parents-of-2e-children/
- Adult Consulting: https://www.withunderstandingcomescalm.com/services-for-gifted-and-2e-adults/
- Educator Training: https://www.withunderstandingcomescalm.com/services-for-educators-of-2e-students/
- Parent, Adult and Educator Conferences: https://www.withunderstandingcomescalm.com/2e-conferences/
- For $20 off the Let’s Talk 2e Adult Conference, subscribe to the “Gifted and Distractible” Newsletter at https://www.withunderstandingcomescalm.com/newsletters/
- Resource Listing: www.2eResources.com
- Blog: withunderstandingcomescalm.com/blog
Episode 4: Marc Smolowitz
Aired October 20th, 2021
The fourth episode of season 3 featured Marc Smolowitz. He is a multi-award-winning director, producer, and executive producer who has been significantly involved in 50+ independent films. The combined footprint of his works has touched 250+ film festivals & markets on 5 continents, yielding substantial worldwide sales to theatrical, television, and VOD outlets, notable box office receipts, and numerous awards and nominations. His credits include films that have screened at top-tier festivals such as Sundance, Berlin, Venice, Tribeca, Chicago, Palm Springs, SF FILM, AFI Docs, IDFA, DOC NYC, CPH: DOX, Tokyo, Melbourne, Viennale, Jerusalem, among others.
- G/T/N Awareness Week
- The G Word Vimeo Gallery
- 13th Gen Film
- Marc’s IMDB
- Marc’s contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Episode 3: Dr. Isaac Taitz
Aired September 14th, 2021
- Dream Journal
The Dream Journal is a radio show and podcast dedicated to discussing dream research, art, and therapy. The show is hosted by its creator Katherine Bell and airs on Natural Bridges Media/KSQD 90.7 FM community radio.
“Kids and Nightmares” – 1 hour live interview – January 9, 2021
- “Dreaming Therapy With Isaac Taitz”
1 hour live interview and call-in
November 28, 2020
- Grief Dreams Podcast The Grief Dreams Podcast is “a conversation about life, loss, and grief dreams.” It is hosted by Dr. Joshua Black and co-host Shawn Ram and airs on PodBean.
“Isaac Taitz (Episode 81)” – 1 hour live interview
August 18, 2018
- International Journal of Dream Research “A web-based international outlet for original research articles in the field of dream research and psychological aspects of sleep.” – “Psychotherapeutic approaches for post-traumatic stress disorder nightmares” – October 2017
– “Learning lucid dreaming and its effect on depression in undergraduates” – October 2011
– Clinical applications of lucid dreaming therapy – Chapter in the 2014 anthology “Lucid Dreaming: New Perspectives on Consciousness in Sleep” along with the established international researchers and authors on the subject of lucid dreaming.
- Dr. Taitz’s contact: email@example.com
Episode 2: Carl Sabatino
Aired August 18, 2021
Mr. Sabatino joined Bridges over fifteen years ago and has been instrumental in the growth of its strength based, talent focused approach to the education of its diverse student population. As a result of his leadership, staff acquisition and staff development the school has more than doubled its capacity and added additional services for its members.
He describes his Bridges experience as follows
“Students come to Bridges defined by their challenges and labels. They leave defined by their abilities and accomplishments.”
Episode 1: Dr. Jaime A. Castellano
Aired July 21, 2021
Dr. Jaime A. Castellano is a nationally recognized and award-winning educator, principal, author, scholar, and researcher. In 2017 he was recognized as SENG’s National Educator of the Year. As a highly sought-after speaker, he is recognized as one of the leading authorities in the United States in the education of Hispanic/Latino students. He is a preeminent scholar and researcher in gifted education and in identifying and serving diverse gifted students with particular expertise on identifying gifted Hispanic/Latino students, gifted English language learners, gifted Native Americans, gifted preschoolers, and gifted students from poverty. His current research is focused on working directly with gifted students with trauma, toxic stress, and adverse childhood experiences.
This series is produced by Bridges 2e Media, which publishes 2eNews.com and Variations2e magazine.
For any inquiries contact firstname.lastname@example.org