DATES: WEEK 1 (6/7-6/11) | WEEK 2 (6/14-6/18)| WEEK 3 (6/21-6/25)
TIME: 9 a.m.-12 p.m. PT
RECOMMENDED GRADES: 4-12 (plus Bridges alumni)
TECHNICAL/MATERIALS REQUIREMENTS: **$100 for musical guest performances. Computer (preferred) or tablet/phone with Zoom installed; Headphones; GarageBand, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live, or any similar music-making software installed on their device. Families will be guided through installation before the first day of camp. Optional: A musical instrument or midi keyboard/controller.
INSTRUCTOR(S): Kyle Wittlin & Dylan McKenzie
Summer Jam Online Music Experience is a fun-packed, intensive online music camp designed to immerse inspired students in an exploration of live concerts, music technology, and history & appreciation. This year’s Summer Jam will be conducted via Zoom and offered for four weeks. The camp is run by Bridges Academy Music Directors Kyle Wittlin & Dylan McKenzie and will include:
- Live concerts from world-class guest performers each day
- Music technology lessons and experiments to help campers use their imaginations to create original songs (electronic, anime, rock, classical, hip hop, etc.) using GarageBand, Logic Pro X, Sound Trap, etc.
- Guided listening & music discovery
- Musical sharing and show & tell
- Exploration of world rhythms
- Virtual tours of the Grammy Museum, the UCLA Ethnomusicology Department, and more
The camp will be open to all students with or without experience on a particular instrument. Summer Jam will be an inspiring, all-encompassing, musical experience for the student!
*NOTE: This course is being offered as an on-campus/online hybrid. A limited number of Bridges students, prospective students, families, and alumni may sign up for the on-campus camp. All other interested students can enroll in the online version of the course.
**The adjusted $100 materials fee amount applies for those signing up after June 10.